Tuesday, September 4, 2012

9/4/12

Happy Tuesday, all.  It seems this really is the time I sit down and write about what's going on in my world.  This week's new discover is the iPhone 4.  One of my employers was gracious enough to include me in their plan and so I upgraded.  It seems to work pretty well despite some initial issues getting everything set up.  I really appreciate that my calendar syncs between my Macbook Pro and my iPhone wirelessly (and without me thinking about it).  I have a couple of GPS aps that I'm itching to try but I'm hesitant to take the phone out on a run without a cover.  It seems to be very delicate and the surfaces are very smooth.  I'm a little paranoid about dropping it on the sidewalk or on a rock somewhere so to combat that, I've ordered an Otterbox Defender.  We found it on Amazon for less than $20!

The music for my upcoming recitals is in an ever-improving state and I'm excited about my upcoming performances.  Running on the other hand is in a sad state of affairs.  The calf injury is feeling quite a bit better but these first two weeks of school have left me rather drained (bad excuse).  A quick look at the calendar shows that the time I have available is usually in the neighborhood of 5 am or after 7 pm with Wednesdays being after 9 pm.  Normally being up by 5 is not a problem, but I've been having trouble getting to bed before 11 pm and, as we all know, that's insufficient sleep for most people.  I suppose the simplest solution at this time is just to get my happy little butt in bed earlier.  I also find myself craving community in the running department.  I really like my solo runs but every now and then it would be great to meet up with some other like minded people for a long run and shared adventure.  I'm fascinated with other people's solutions to these (seemingly) mundane problems.  Feel free to leave a comment about how you fit it all in.    

Let's make this week better than last!   

No comments:

Post a Comment