Monday, October 31, 2011

Welcome to A Clarinetist Runs Through It

Hello!  Welcome to my blog.  I am excited to offer this so that people can enjoy the details of my seeming dual life.  I also hope to use this blog for a little self-motivation to motivate me to keep on top of my projects.  What you ask?  If you haven't figured it out from the title, I would sum my life's work up as a constant balancing act between music making and running.  Each of which are extremely important to me and usually have some interesting stories to go along with them.  Here's what you can expect from this blog:  I'll offer a "30,000' view" of my activity in these areas with some details about training, practice techniques, shoes, reeds, concerts, races, rehearsals and sometimes some extra goodies (I also enjoy fly-fishing and have some tasty bread recipes).

I live by the personal philosophy that the mind fuels the body and the body fuels the mind.  I believe that a balanced life is key and that neither physical activity nor intellectual pursuit can provide all that we require and, as such, we not only should, but are required to engage in both for a well balanced life.

Historically, I've been pretty bad about keeping a journal but in the past year have seen tremendous value in keeping reasonably detailed logs for both running and clarinet practice.  I'm hoping this venue provides a stimulus to expand upon those logs which are mostly numbers and timings.  With this blog, I hope to inspire not only my students, friends, colleagues, training partners, and the like to evaluate their own methods but also provide a place where I can reflect and muse upon my own.  Feed back is always welcome those please keep it something your grandmother would approve.  This blog is about inspiring people to be their best and so let's leave trash talk elsewhere.  If you have suggestions for ideas you'd like me to address, please feel free to leave those suggestions in the comment box and I'll handle them as I can.

Thanks for checking this out.  Look for updates on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment